Tips to Prevent Cancer
There seems to be no hope in this world. Many People believe that you can not prevent cancer. They may be right, just like there is no way to prevent being hit by a car while crossing the street. By living a lifestyle, eating healthy, exercising regularly and adding natural nutritional supplements to complement our diet we can greatly reduce our risk of developing cancer. Here are a few ways your about healthy lifestyle can prevent cancer in your life.
“Most Americans are already in the process of developing cancer due to their lack of exercise, stressful lifestyles and the amount of processed food, sugar, hydrogenated and polyunsaturated fats in their diets.” Don Colbert, MD
Healthy Lifestyle Tips to Prevent Cancer.
* Maintain ideal body weight.
* Decrease fat intake
* Increase fiber intake. Take 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day.
* Switch to eating fatty foods to lean meats like chicken or turkey. (Or even become a vegetarian.)
* Switch from using whole milk to low-fat or skim milk and skim milk cheeses.
* Do not eat margarine. Most are full of trans fatty acids that can cause weight gain and contribute to heart disease.
* Avoid butter also. Butter is full of fat and has many unwanted chemicals.
* If you smoke, STOP NOW. Smoke is a cancer initiator for you and your friends, family and anyone near you.
* Do not drink alcohol. Alcohol is also associated with free radical damage and with cancer.
“The most dangerous foods for you if you choose to avoid cancer are those highest in sugar and hydrogenated fats, like donuts, cakes and pastries.” Don Colbert, MD
Many people have known all there lives about antioxidants but we never called them that growing up. It was simply eat your fruit and vegetables. Our parents made sure we ate a healthy diet that including fresh fruit and vegetables daily. They also knew of other healthy foods that we all need for a healthy lifestyle. It was not until cancer became so prevalent in society that healthy nutritious foods were called antioxidants. An antioxidant is any vitamin, mineral, enzyme, phytonutrient (plant nutrient) herb or food that has the ability to bind and neutralize free radicals. In other words antioxidants are the natural foods that God gave us to fight the abnormal cells that grow in our bodies with the potential to cause cancer. Free radicals are not new to man. The primary causes for the increase of cancer in our society today is that we do not eat healthy or exercise regularly and most of us are overweight. These are the same causes of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and countless other diseases and medical conditions that plague us today.
“Cancer is increasing at such an alarming rate that 40% of Americans will will develop cancer, but only 14% of Americans who exercise regularly will develop cancer.” Don Colbert, MD
More Healthy lifestyle Tips to Prevent Cancer.
* Take grape seed extract or Resveratrol or drink non alcoholic red wine.
* Avoid foods that contain nitrates like luncheon meats, hot dogs and bacon.
* Avoid smoked meats, salt-cured meats and other high pesticide foods.
* Take antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Beta Carotene.
* Take minerals including Selenium, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese.
* Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
* Eat plenty phytonutrients found in carrots, broccoli, cabbage and greens.
* Eat soybeans and soy products.
* Drink Natural Teas like Green Tea, Oolong Tea and Puer Tea.
* Drink Plenty of Water.
If you practice a regular physical exercise program and maintain a healthy weight can alone make you 5 times less likely to develop cancer. Eat healthy paying attention to the healthy lifestyle tips and you will significantly reduce your risk of cancer.