The way you carry on your daily life constitutes your lifestyle. Your lifestyle habits can be beneficial or detrimental to your health.
Adopt the following healthy lifestyle habits:
1. The habit of exercise: Choose a physical activity that you enjoy and stick to it. For me I like jogging around the field about three times a week. It is not only physically beneficial but it improves my mental health and helps avoid depression.
2. A satisfying and motivating job: It is fulfilling to keep yourself busy doing something challenging: You enjoy doing it and it’s good for your brain. Keep on learning to up-date yourself.
3. Family Life: Family always comes first. A happy family life is a healthy life.
4. Be in the company of friends: Don’t live in isolation. When you are connected you are able to express you feelings freely. When you keep thing inside you heart you are more likely to die from heart disease.
5. Relax: Find a way to unwind and relax. Practice yoga or play Tai Chi to calm your mind and reduce pressure.
6. Spiritual well-being: Pray to God or meditate to give you peace of mind. You will live longer.
7. Count your blessings: Don’t hold a grudge against anyone. Be happy with what you have. Just think they are many more people in this world who are in very much worse conditions.
8. Eating habit: Adopt a balanced diet and avoid junk food. Drink plenty of water. Give up smoking and drinking. Avoid coffee and food processed in salt.
9. Sleep Well: Go to sleep and wake up at the same time for around 8 hours. A good night’s sleep refreshes your mind and rejuvenates your body.
10. Live within you means: It gives you peace of mind and reduces your stress when you know that you can be independent financially.
When you make changes for the better be patient with yourself, old habits die hard, do it a step at a time.